Re: Upload of iso-codes acceptable?

Hello,

Tobias Quathamer <toddy@debian.org> (07/08/2012):
> Dear release team,
>
> traditionally, the package iso-codes has been granted unblock requests
> with new upstream versions without problems, because it contains only
> data and translations. I'd like to prepare a new upstream release to
> upload to unstable now.

looks ok to me.

> However, the package has received bug #683828, which is about
> switching the compression to xz format. I'd like to include this
> change as well in the next upload and want to seek permission from you
> that this combination (new upstream and compression change) is
> acceptable for an unblock request.

In case there's any regression, we could consider asking for the xz
change right now, a speedy migration to testing, so that you're free to
upload a new upstream release. If you feel that new upstream release is
safe enough, doing both in a single upload can be done.

(Basically having xz compression for your package in testing before
2012/08/25-26 is what we need.)

Mraw,
KiBi.