[PING] Re: sgml-base again

Dear release team,

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 08:17:19PM +0200, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > 1) #681194
> >    Symptom: For any package using dh_installcatalogs if you
> >      install, remove, upgrade from squeeze to wheezy and then install
> >      that package, you can see a useless conffile prompt.
>
> >    Fixing this: Any fix requires a *transition* involving about 20
> >      packages.
> A fix would need a debhelper (dh_installcatalogs) update, Helmut should
> have the details and a patch as discussed on irc.
>
> Thereafter it needs probably redoing
>   http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/sgml-base.html
> with the fixed debhelper - this will need sourceful uploads (NMUs) since
> most of the affected packages are arch:all

I attached and tested a patch[1] to debhelper. How can we proceed with
this issue? I basically see three options.

1) Ignore this issue entirely. It is only relevant for upgrades from
   squeeze.
2) Ignore the symptoms of this issue, but fix debhelper. No transition.
   (Imo this option doesn't make that much sense.)
3) Fix this issue and restart the transition of about 25 packages during
   the freeze.

We should reach a decision ASAP, since any non-ignoring action will take
time and therefore might delay the release.

For the other issues see my unblock #683847.

Helmut

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=681194#10