Re: w3af (Re: pysvn: RC fix #678559 as new upstream release)

Hi,

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 11:03:38 +0200
Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:

> Adding the w3af maintainer to recipients.

 Thanks.
 Today, I've put pysvn and svn-workbench to unstable. I'll stay it for
 1 or 2 weeks.

> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > choices for w3af)
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >  1. Not touch w3af
> >     - easiest way
> >     - needs simple patch to work with python2.6, at least
> >       (Debian doesn't have python2.5 anymore, and its source says it
> >       supports 2.6, not 2.7)
> >     - outdated version (2 years ago), maybe not useful for users
> >  2. Just remove w3af from testing
> >     - easy
> >     - no reverse dependency
> >     - users cannot use w3af since Wheezy

 I prefer 1, and we can upgrade it via pinning or backports.

> >  3. update w3af

 With my investigation, it needs more python module which isn't in Debian.
 It's late, so forget this choice.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org