Re: Non-invasive patch for SELinux handling suitable for a freeze exception?

Hi,

Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> (I guess you meant non-invasive in Subject?)

I did. Fixed now.

Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Eero Häkkinen <eero17@bigfoot.com> (22/07/2012):
> > This seems to be a persistent misunderstanding. As a matter of fact, the
> > -e option does not have an effect on left hand operands of AND (&&) and
> > OR (||) lists just like it does not have an effect on the command used
> > to control if, elif, while and until compound commands.
>
> Probably memories of the dozens of patches sent to fix makefiles which
> contained things like “[ -f Makefile ] && $(MAKE) clean” instead of
> “[ ! -f Makefile ] || $(MAKE) clean”.
>
> (in addition to sending mails past silly-o'clock…)

Same here. :-)

Now that this has been clarified, would anyone from the release team
mind answering my original question quoted below?

Axel Beckert wrote:
> I got the request add some SELinux handling to screen's cleanup init.d
> script: http://bugs.debian.org/680360 (also cited below)
>
> SELinux support has not become a release goal, but Russell
> nevertheless expressed that he'd be glad if this patch would make it
> into Wheezy.
>
> Since I have to make at least one more upload of screen with i18n
> stuff and documentation fixes anyway (which will happen either later
> today or within the next few days), I wonder if the release team would
> grant a freeze exception for an upload of screen if I would include
> his one-line patch to the init.d script as shown below?

For me it makes no difference if I use Russell's original patch or
instead the code shown below which avoids the && despite (AFAIK) we
don't have any bourne-shell compatible shell which does not have [ as
builtin, especially none suitable as /bin/sh.

Axel Beckert wrote:
> if [ -x /sbin/restorecon ]; then
> 	/sbin/restorecon $SCREENDIR
> fi

TIA.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin