Re: Bits from the nippy Release Team

Hi!

On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 20:23:28 +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> Automatic freeze exceptions
> ---------------------------
>
> As previously announced, packages which were in unstable at the point of
> the freeze were granted an automatic freeze exception for that specific
> version of the package.  In the Squeeze cycle those exceptions were
> effective for the period of a month after freeze, which worked well; if
> a package has not migrated within a month despite the automatic
> exception then it is unlikely that it will do so without a further
> upload; in any case we would wish to review the changes in more detail
> as the freeze progresses.
>
> Any remaining automatic exceptions will therefore be retired after the
> final britney run on July 30th - i.e. one month after freeze.

Due to the block-udeb set in place, packages with udebs that got the
automatic freeze exception cannot migrate. But I didn't request an
unblock for one of those packages (libbsd, but this affects other
packages as well) because I understood it was preferred to avoid udeb
unblocks until after the d-i beta release. Given the above notice,
should I proceed with such request?

thanks,
guillem