Fixing mess involving emacs23, emacs24, and the emacs metapackage

I made a bit of a mess with respect to the emacs metapackage in unstable
and wheezy that I'd like to fix.

The problem is that both emacs23 and emacs24 provide the emacs
metapackage, and of course, at DebConf, Adam pointed out that as soon as
we need updates to emacs23, we'll have a problem.

One plausible solution would be to just move the emacs metapackage to
its own emacs-defaults source package (a la gcc-defaults), and so a bit
of discussion on IRC produced a plan that I'd like to vet here:

  - Upload a new emacs23 to for wheezy that doesn't provide the emacs binary.
  - Upload a new emacs-defaults for wheezy that provides the emacs binary.
  - Upload a new emacs24 to unstable that doesn't provide the emacs binary.

This would require two freeze exceptions, one for the updated emacs23
package, and one for the new (trivial) emacs-defaults package.

Please let me know if that sounds reasonable, or if you have some other
way you'd rather handle the problem.

Thanks
--
Rob Browning