Re: would it be possible to reinstantiate openmeeg and ants in wheezy?

On 2012-07-05 18:09, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> Hi Release Team,

Hi,

> [...]
>
> ants
> ----
> [...]
>
> FTBFS atm on  mips, mipsel, s390   imho due to insufficient resources
>    and might be tricky to make them build reliably

What is keeping this package out is the fact there it FTBFS on mips,
mipsel and s390.  If your package is unsupported (or unsupportable) on
these architectures, have the FTP masters remove the binaries on these
architectures in unstable.
  Assuming it is done "really soon"(tm) ants can re-enter testing with
its current freeze exception (which will be retired the 30th as it is).

> openmeeg
> --------
> [...]
> FTBFS atm on mips only, and could be resolved simply through
> disabling build time unittesting

Pretty much the same story as ants, though #679315 is still open despite
looking fixed.  Please close that bug as well.

> I wondered, than even if I manage to overcome FTBFS on those  -- would
> they be allowed to come back to wheezy?
>
> Thanks in advance

~Niels