Re: lesstif2 multiarch conversion

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 10:22:01 -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to be as reactive as I can about breakages I cause
>> (although I admit that 've been too trigger-happy with openjpeg and
>> I'll not do that anymore), and we have quite a bit of time until the
>> release (looking at 650 rc bugs right now).
>>
> Just because there are a lot of RC bugs left doesn't mean it's ok to
> waste our time with (comparatively) unimportant stuff.  Quite the
> opposite, arguably.

I think there are lots of people looking forward to a high quality
wine experience with the wheezy release, and lots of others looking
forward to an ia32-libs-less release.

We've got three packages blocking the happiness of all those people in
testing right now: openjpeg, lesstif2, and sane-backends.  That may
seem unimportant compared to the massive list of rc issues, but it's
important to enough people that I think its worthwhile.

So anyway, apologies for continuing to be abrasive, but I want wheezy
to be the best release it can be.

Best wishes,
Mike