Hi Cyril, On So 15 Jul 2012 18:03:52 CEST Cyril Brulebois wrote:
Hi Mike, Mike Gabriel <firstname.lastname@example.org> (12/07/2012):Upstream slbackup-php 0.3 (as currently in wheezy: 0.3-3) is smarty2 compliant and does not work with smarty3. slbackup-php as is not completely unusable in wheezy. The issue is documented here: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=646537 Upstream has released a smarty3 compliant version of slbackup-php (0.4.3) that today got uploaded as 0.4.3-1 to SID. Please consider unblocking slbackup-php.I'm afraid I'm going to say no. Let me quote the changelog to describe why. Reminder: http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html | slbackup-php (0.4.3-1) unstable; urgency=low || * New maintainer, package becomes team-maintained: Debian Edu Packaging Team.OK. | * New upstream version. (Closes: #646537, #670095) OK. | * /debian/source/format: | + Switch to "3.0 (quilt)". Not OK, especially since the patching/unpatching logic was already there. | * /debian/rules: | + Run debconf-updatepo during /debian/rules build, not clean. Makes | slbackup-php buildable with git-buildpackage. OK.| + Fix lintian warnings: debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-arch,| debian-rules-missing-recommended-target build-indep. Could have lived without it, I guess. | + Remove dh_quilt_(un)patch calls. Not OK, cf. above. | * Lintian issues fixed: | + I: slbackup-php: package-contains-empty-directory usr/bin/ | + P: slbackup-php source: unneeded-build-dep-on-quilt | + P: slbackup-php: no-homepage-field | + W: slbackup-php source: dh-clean-k-is-deprecated Not needed. | * /debian/control: | + Bump Standards to 3.9.3. | + Add Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser. | * /debian/watch (new): | + Provide watch file for upstream source versions. Not needed. | * /debian/compat: | + Raise compat level to 7. Really not appreciated, can trigger bugs. | * /debian/README.Source: | + Add upstream Vcs-Browser location to README.Source. Not needed. | * /debian/slbackup-php.desktop: | + Let URL point to http://localhost/slbackup-php. Probably OK. I think it would be nice if you could stage the package currently in unstable somewhere (so that you don't need to redo everything after the freeze), and if you could prepare a 0.4.3-2 package which would be based on 0.3-3's packaging, with just the changes marked 'OK' above.
Ok, thanks for giving this direction.
You may want to wait for another release team member's opinion, though; but it really feels like a lot of unnecessary and review-time-needy changes were included, despite our pretty clear instructions: http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html
I will wait another 3 days (Wednesday 2012-07-15, 23:59 UTC) and if no other feedback has been written, I will proceed as recommended.
Greets, Mike -- DAS-NETZWERKTEAM mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148 GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B mail: email@example.com, http://das-netzwerkteam.de freeBusy: https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb
Description: Digitale PGP-Unterschrift