freeze exception qpdf versioned symbols?

I have added symbol versioning to qpdf (for which I am the maintainer
and also upstream) in a not-yet-released upstream version.  Sometime
soon, I will be releasing a new version of qpdf with a few ABI-breaking
changes in preparation for qpdf becoming a dependency of cups-filters,
resulting in work being done in a google summer of code project.  While
there are currently no packages in debian that depend on qpdf, I thought
it might be nice to get the symbol versions into debian before wheezy
since the next release will not be binary compatible.  I have no plans
to make any future ABI-breaking changes as I am committed to ABI
stability.  In this case, however, it was unavoidable as there were
functions that took int and needed off_t.  As long as I had to break it
anyway, I also made one change to significantly simplify one rarely used
operation for the user.

If you would grant a freeze exception for a patch to the existing
version of qpdf to enable symbol versioning, I would prepare an upload
and then request a freeze exception on the specific version.  If not, it
doesn't really matter...the next upload to unstable for version 3.0.0
and libqpdf8 (now libqpdf3) will have symbol versions enabled
regardless, and as I said, there are no packages in the archive at all,
let alone library packages, that currently depend on qpdf.

--
Jay Berkenbilt <qjb@debian.org>