Re: freeze exception for systemd integration of atop?

On 12.07.2012 10:32, Marc Haber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the systemd community in Debian is a loud and persistent one. Would a
> version of atop that has systemd integration added to the package be a
> candidate for a freeze exception at this time of the freeze, or is
> this post-wheezy material?
>
> Greetings
> Marc
>
> P.S.:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/a/atop.html

Please don't merge the patch in it's current form. There are several
bugs in it (if you are interested we can discuss this of list, I don't
think this is relevant for debian-release).
There is no rush getting packages updated for systemd, especially for
wheezy and not that late in the cycle, anyway.

We need to work on a packaging policy for packages shipping native
systemd service files. Hacking all sorts of systemctl calls into the
maintainers scripts as the patch does is not something I would recommend.

Michael
universe are pointed away from Earth?