Re: Pending freeze and packages pending upload
- To: debian-release <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Pending freeze and packages pending upload
- From: Roger Leigh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 23:54:26 +0100
- Message-id: <20120709225425.GE25141@codelibre.net>
- In-reply-to: <20120627134308.GL11484@camblue.cbg.collabora.co.uk>
- References: <20120620074050.GI30022@codelibre.net> <20120627122130.GK9135@codelibre.net> <20120627134308.GL11484@camblue.cbg.collabora.co.uk>
On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 02:43:08PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 01:21:30PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > > gutenprint 5.2.8
> > > This is a point release with a large number of new printer
> > > models being supported. It was released 2 days ago, but we've
> > > been waiting on it for months. Quite important for including
> > > with wheezy for contemporary printer support. I will package
> > > it this weekend.
> > This is done, but I found that upstream accidentally bumped the
> > major version of the libgutenprint2 ABI. They are planning to release
> > 5.2.9 with my patches for correcting the mistake. They should do this
> > by the weekend, but it's possible this will miss the freeze deadline.
> > It would be good to have a freeze exception for this--the work is all
> > done and tested, just waiting on the update from upstream. I can
> > apply my patches directly to the 5.2.8 release any upload now, or I
> > could wait for them to release properly.
> I would suggest uploading the patched version and then updating to
> increase the amount of testing it receives.
This has been done. I've now uploaded 5.2.9-1, which is just 5.2.8
plus the Debian patches incorporated upstream and some translation
updates and very minor bugfixes. If this could be allowed into
testing, that would be much appreciated.
.''`. Roger Leigh
: :' : Debian GNU/Linux http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/
`. `' schroot and sbuild http://alioth.debian.org/projects/buildd-tools
`- GPG Public Key F33D 281D 470A B443 6756 147C 07B3 C8BC 4083 E800