Re: glibc: disabling armhf ldconfig support

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 07:54:27PM -0600, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Aurelien,
>
> thanks for informing us.
>
> On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 12:08:06AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > As a consequence the armhf value will have to be changed in the future,
> > which might have some side effects.
>
> What kind of side effects might happen? I.e. is it likely to break pure armhf
> systems in any way? When would one mix and match armel and armhf libraries?

Hi don't fully know this part of the code, but I doubt it will break
pure armhf systems. The problem will happen on systems with both armhf
and armel or with x32 and armhf. The system might not find non-native
libraries. One way to workaround that is to remove the ldconfig caches
during the postinst, and recreate them by calling ldconfig.

Regards,
Aurelien

--
Aurelien Jarno                          GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73