Re: Preparation for d-i beta 1

Le jeudi, 5 juillet 2012 09.04:48, Didier Raboud a écrit :
> Le jeudi, 5 juillet 2012 03.27:36, vous avez écrit :
> > On Wed, Jul  4, 2012 at 18:46:54 -0600, Didier Raboud wrote:
> > > b) Then, discussing this over the lunch with Philipp Kern, we agreed
> > > that instead of downloading netboot.tar.gz's from mirrors (without
> > > checking them) to create those debian-installer-$version-netboot-$arch
> > > packages, it would actually be saner to build them within the d-i
> > > build process.
> >
> > Might be something to discuss post wheezy but very much not something we
> > should change now IMO.
>
> Would an implementation of {SHA1,MD5}SUM checking in src:debian-installer-
> netboot-images be considered then ?

This has now happenned [0]:

1) gpgv checks Release{,.gpg} files against debian-archive-keyring
2) sha256sum checks SHA256SUMS against the Release file
3) sha256sum checks the downloaded files against SHA256SUMS

[0] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=d-i/debian-installer-netboot-
images.git;a=commitdiff;h=0c3ed95410dbfdf5be5dfd93f5f486565c8cfaa7

sha1sum and md5sum support is implemented but commented for reference; it's
probably useless to run more than one hash check so I left the stronger ones
where possible.

I haven't uploaded as no debian-installer upload happenned in the meantime (so
the version would be identical).

Ah, another question though: the installation paths are not version-specific:
/usr/lib/debian-installer/images/amd64/… so I was about to add Replaces and
Breaks against the -6.0- versions. But does this make sense? Would we not
rather version-specify the paths (like /usr/lib/debian-installer/7.0/amd64/)
to ensure co-installability ?

a) Add replaces+breaks ?
b) Version-specify the paths ?

… Which one is preferred ?