nbd freeze exception?

Hi,

No, this isn't a request for a freeze exception, yet. I'd just like to
test the waters before I start working on this:

I have a number of crash-fix patches waiting upstream for nbd, which I
had hoped to make a new upstream release for and upload into Debian
before hopping on a plane to debconf. Alas, that didn't happen, mainly
because several customers broke their network and I had to do some
last-minute frantic fixes.

Since this new upstream release would consist mainly of bugfixes[1], I
would really (really) like to get them into the next stable release.
Would the release team approve such an update, in principle? Of course I
realize that this would depend on the actual changes in question, but I
don't have a full list yet right now; I'd like to get a feel of your
policy before I start doing the necessary work to have that.

Thanks,

[1] "mainly" as in, "I believe it's actually only bugfixes, but I'm not
    100% sure on that".

the following formula:

pi zz a