Re: Bits from the Release Team: Final countdown!

Hi,

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  ❦ 21 juin 2012 11:16 CEST, Neil McGovern <neilm@debian.org> :
>
> > As with the Squeeze freeze the process will be gradual, with a more
> > liberal acceptance policy in the earlier stages. Precise details as to
> > what that means will be available soon.
>
> Roundcube, an AJAX webmail, is scheduling its next major release
> "soon". If its release is one or two weeks after the freeze, would an
> exception be granted? The rationale is that this kind of web
> applications is difficult to maintain for a long time on the security
> front (and since its a web app, the attack surface is quite important)
> since upstream supports only the latest version. Having the latest
> version when releasing would ease the work.

The same applies for Wordpress. We even had to push a new upstream version
in squeeze to fix security issues.

Apparently I missed a minor release, but I already know that in a few months
there will be a new major release...

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/