Question about my package kde-config-gtk-style

(Please Cc me in replies, I am not subscribed to this mailing list)

Hi,

I have difficult situation with my package src:kde-gtk-config [0].

It generates binary package kde-config-gtk-style and replaces package
src:kcm-gtk, which was in Squeeze [1].

The package was uploaded to unstable on June 18. But it have not migrated to
testing automatically [2] because of new bug report [3] with severity grave.

I should note, that this level of severity is questionable, because circular
symlinks is not common situation. So nor I nor other users haven't faced with
problem from that bug report.

Next, I prepared [4] the updated package (on Jun 28) with such changes:

kde-gtk-config (3:2.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Update to stable release 2.1.
  * Deleted file debian/patches/fix-build-on-kfreebsd-and-hurd-i386:
    accepted in upstream.
  * Added file debian/patches/ignore-symlinks:
    prevents of possible infinite loop because of circular symlinks.
    (Closes: #678714)

There are very few changes in upstream between versions 2.0 and 2.1:
  * Accepted my patch fix-build-on-kfreebsd-and-hurd-i386.
  * Updated translations.

Unfortunately my sponsor had not time to upload the package before freeze [5].

Finally. The question is: could you grant me exception in this case?
Or I will maintain the package in experimental [6].

The main point is that binary package kde-config-gtk-style is available in
Squeeze and it is already installed in user systems [7]. So absent package
will affect them.

Best regards,
Boris

[0] http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kde-gtk-config.html