capi4hylafax: updating package before freeze

Hello release team,

I have started my second try searching for a sponsor of my package
capi4hylafax. See here:

The old maintainer allowed an NMU, see:

and after some mails in the last two weeks he allowed me to adopt
his package because of lacking in time.

Unfortunately it is very difficult to get a sponsor. But this package
should be hardenend (#653539) and should work better together with
hylafax. So it is an important step to move the updated package into
the repository.

What could I do that the package still go into unstable/testing before
freeze?

---
Have a nice day.

Joachim (Germany)