Re: libpqxx v4.0 sid upload

On 20.06.2012 09:47, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
On 2012-06-19 20:35:48, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 12:04 +0100, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> On 2012-06-19 12:26:39, Julien Cristau wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:20:30 +0100, Marcin Kulisz wrote:
> > > I'd like to upload (not personally but by my sponsor [thx Matthijs btw]) new > > > version of pqxx (postgresql bindings for C++) to unstable. I'm putting urgency
> > > to medium to make it before freeze.
It looks like version 4 of libpqxx is a new source package (libpqxx
versus libpqxx3) and doesn't share any binary package names with version 3? In that case were you to upload to unstable then the urgency would
be irrelevant in any case, as britney will automatically set any new
source package (i.e. one with no version in testing) to low urgency.

Ok, so to be clear and to avoid messing around should or shouldn't this be
uploaded now or have to wait until Wheeze release?
If it can be uploaded now will the transitions be blocked automatically?

As it's a new source package with (afaict) no overlapping binaries with libpqxx3 then it could be uploaded if you wish. If it happens to migrate before the freeze then wheezy would contain both source packages. That doesn't seem like it would be particularly beneficial but I might be missing something about the package.

It's definitely too late to start transitioning the reverse dependencies however and unblock requests for any which include moving to the version 4 libraries would likely be denied.

Regards,

Adam