qemu-kvm and wheezy

Hello.

Since the wheezy freeze is nearby, I wanted to notify the Release Team
about possible issue with qemu-kvm package.

Currently, wheezy has version 1.0 of qemu-kvm, which contains quite a
few bugs fixed in next version, which is 1.1.  But the problem is that,
due to a few last-minute regressions, qemu-kvm 1.1 hasn't been released
yet, even if qemu, which qemu-kvm follows closely, has been released more
than 2 weeks ago.

I pretty much hope to have qemu-kvm 1.1 in wheezy.  This version fixes a
few bugs already, which will be difficult to backport into 1.0 version.
But the most important issue is to keep maintaining 1.0 version over
extended period of time (during whole wheezy support period), when upstream
abandomed it already.

Currently, qemu-kvm package based on upstream qemu-kvm 1.1 releaase candidate
is available in experimental.  Experimental because there's still no official
release of upstream 1.1, as noted above.

So, I hope to have qemu-kvm 1.1 in wheezy, but I'm not quite sure yet when
it will be available upstream, and it may happen after the freeze.  And it'd
be nice to be able to upload new upstream source version when it's ready
(since current version in experimental uses non-existing upstream source,
an orig.tar.gz made by me out of 1.1-rc4.tar.gz and current git stable).

Should I upload whatever we have now to unstable instead of experimental?
Should I just wait for the next official release and upload at that time?
Or should I just keep 1.0 in wheezy?  Is there other alternative?

I thought it's not a bad idea to ask, so that the release team is at leaat
aware of the possible issue there.  But on the other hand, this close to
the freeze, release team should be quite busy already...

Thanks,

/mjt