Re: Bits from the Ruby team: switching to Ruby 1.9 and trasition to new policy

Adam D. Barratt dijo [Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 08:06:41PM +0100]:
> > (3) most of the packages that need fixing are leaf packages, or packages
> >     for which the Ruby bindings can be easily disabled
>
> That's one way of getting rid of the bugs, yes. :-)
> (...)

Given you say this with a smiley - I think it is *good* to get rid of
the bugs this way. One of my personal gripes with the Ruby culture is
that it's quite based on the "throw many new ideas at the problem,
then discard all the worse ones" mindset. We currently have a good
amount of cruft piling up. And this is a good opportunity to clean up
things that should just go - Packages which have low popcon scores, no
reverse dependencies, and start getting build errors (that usually
means, are no longer compatible with Ruby's main version, 1.9.1).