Re: Re: Architecture qualification

On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 10:56 +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:

> > I assume this is not a regular mail correspondence, is it?
> >

> I generally consider it polite to give people an opportunity to respond
> before assuming that you're being ignored, especially if it's part of a
> longer thread.

Maybe three days is a little short for a mailing list correspondence.

> As per my previous mail, I will not be adding hurd to testing for this
> release. It would affect the release as a whole, and I'm not happy doing
> that.

Ok, understood. So getting into testing after the release of Wheezy is a
more resonable target. Just a small remark, two (three) of the four
reasons for not adding Hurd to testing was shown false. D-I OK, ifupdown
OK, SATA support in the works, the major obstacle seems to be the still
too low package count.

One issue is how to encourage more people trying Hurd out, when it is
not in testing. It is very easy to install, e.g. in a VM, and there are
a number of public Hurd boxen for DMs, DDs, upstream and everybody
interested as well,
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/public_hurd_boxen.html