Re: sox transition

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 22:53:49 -0400, Pascal Giard wrote:
>
>> Hello dear release team,
>>
>> With libsox2 in the archive, we can start the transition (late but
>> hopefully not too late) so that the new SoX can make it into testing.
>> The following source packages need to be rebuilt:
>> ebook-speaker
>> imagination
>>
>> IIUC, the transition has the following parameters:
>>   is_affected = .build-depends ~ /libsox-dev/;
>>   is_good = .depends ~ /libsox2/;
>>   is_bad = .depends ~ /libsox1b/;
>>
> Thanks, added as
> http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/libsox2.html
>
>> Please schedule binNMUs for the above mentioned packages on all
>> architectures except ebook-speaker on hurd-i386 where the rebuild
>> seems to be done already(!).
>>
> Scheduled.

Thanks!

In order for me to do things properly next time, if I understand the
procedure properly (explained at [1]) , I should first fill a bug
report against release.debian.org. Once I get the approval from the
release team, only then should I upload the new package to unstable
and send the email to debian-release@lists.debian.org like I did.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

-Pascal
[1] wiki.debian.org/Teams/ReleaseTeam/Transitions
--
Homepage (http://organact.mine.nu)
Debian GNU/Linux (http://www.debian.org)