Re: Uncoordinated libfsotransport transition

Hello,

and thanks for the quick answer.

Sebastian Reichel <sre@debian.org> (24/05/2012):
> binNMU should work without FTBFS, but as I said we will update the
> packages this week, so I guess binNMU is not needed.

OK.

> pkg-fso is the Maintainer of all reverse dependencies, so I assumed
> that coordination with the release team is not strictly needed. I
> will send a message next time.

That could look like it, but your packages might get entangled in some
other transition, making it painful for everyone. Also, we usually
coordinate with ftpmasters the removal of old binaries, so that the
packages can migrate as soon as they are ready (otherwise, out of date
binaries postpone this migration).

Mraw,
KiBi.