Re: Your "wims" stable upload

On Tue, 2012-03-06 at 15:59 +0000, Georges Khaznadar wrote:
> Adam D. Barratt a écrit :
> > I noticed that you've uploaded "wims" to stable, in order to resolve
> > #574235.  Was this discussed with any member of the Release Team
> > beforehand?  If so, please could you point me at that discussion,
> > because I'm currently unable to find it.
>
> I sent a single e-mail to the Release Team just before uploading the
> pqckage, so it can be not considered as a discussion.

Hmmm, when was that?  I still can't find it in my local mail, and it
doesn't appear to be in the archives on lists.debian.org.

(In fact, neither of your mails today appear to have made it to the list
or the archive either...)

> So here are elements to explain the upload I did:
>
> - the bug #574235 is fixed in unstable: wims 4.03 is pretty installable.

Okay.  Which is the earliest version in which the affected code was
either fixed or removed?  Please mark the bug as fixed in that version
so that it's clearer what's going on.

>   However the first installation attempt always
>   aborts when there is no earlier version of the package installed. The
>   patch sent by Andreas is simple and fixes this bug nicely. The modification
>   is just based on a reordering of commands in the post-installation
>   script. It does not modify the package, it make just its installation
>   successful at once, as it sould be.

That's still a modification. :-)

> > (Looking at the bug log, I can see that you were pointed to
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#upload-stable ; this clearly indicates that any uploads to stable should be discussed on -release first.)
>
> I must apologize: I thought that only a notification was required. Next
> time I shall begin a true discussion before submitting the package.

Thanks.

Regards,

Adam