Re: Proposed update to python-debian

On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 15:45 -0800, John Wright wrote:
> Attached is a patch to the python-debian package which I intend to
> upload to stable.  It fixes #597249 [1], which causes problems for some
> well-formed data.  Specifically, it is problematic when parsing Vcs-Cvs
> headers, like
>
>   Vcs-Cvs: :ext:_anoncvs@anoncvs.mirbsd.org:/cvs contrib/hosted/tg/deb/cvs

Looking at the debdiff of the uploaded package, I noticed that it
contains a copy of the patch itself (including the changelog entry),
together with the applied changes.  As the package is native and doesn't
use any form of patch system, was this intentional or simply some sort
of cruft from the build environment?

Regards,

Adam