Re: Pending gnutls28 transition (openssl wrapper)

On 2011-10-25 Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 18:16:42 +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > I will soon upload gnutls28 to unstable.[1] The package will use a new
> > name (libgnutls28-dev instead libgnutls-dev) for the development
> > package since many packages will require some handholding.
> >
> > However I would like to switch the libgnutls-openssl27 package over to
> > the new source package. (The alternative approach is to not build and
> > install the openssl wrapper library from gnutls28 immediately and go
> > through NEW two times)
[...]
> I don't understand your comment about going through NEW two times.

NEW #1: drop libgnutls-openssl27, rename libgnutls-dev to
        libgnutls28-dev
NEW #2: Add libgnutls-openssl27 again.

>  I also don't understand why that would be a problem, even if it was
>  necessary.

I am not yet accustomed to the current super-fast NEW processing,
there would not be a problem as things work now.

Would you prefer that the first gnutls28 upload to unstable did not
touch libgnutls-openssl27?

cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"