Re: SAT-Britney status and howto

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 07:12:08PM +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> If b2 now accepts hints for packages from libs/oldlibs, maybe the number
> of false positive from SAT-Britney will drop anyways, given that with
> other sections, it is rare to rename one binary while other packages
> still depend on the old name.

I don't have time to deal with the complete mail just now, but I was
told that e.g. mono does that for its CLI stuff too.  And they're not in
libs.

(And we still need to find out how good the idea is.  Like Julien said,
it might increase the cases where you load two different incompatible
libs into the same address space.  OTOH we'd see quite a bunch of such
crashes in unstable, no?)

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager