Re: The SONAME bump of glew

On Sat, 16 Jul 2011 13:52:51 +0200
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:

> Hi Joost
>
> It has come to our attention that you have bumped the SONAME of the
> glew libraries.  Unfortunately we do not see any records of you
> informing us of this library transition.  There is now a risk that
> this will stall the poppler transition that we were hoping to finish
> soon[0].
>

> I will file the transition bug for you this time and I will ask you to
> follow up on it with any relevant information you may have.  In the
> future, please file a transition bug against the pseudo package
> release.debian.org (reportbug has a template for it).
>   Also please verify that the list of affected packages at [1] are
> correct.  In case we have missed any, please follow up to the
> transition bug.

Hey Niels, all,

reality is perhaps that even though GLEW is a simple package with
typically few or no issues for it's dependencies, I guess I'm to
detached from the day-to-day evolution of Debian to maintain a package
with such a large rev-dep list. This detachment causes me to don't even
remember that I have to file a transition bug, etc, ...

Maybe I should just file a RFA for it. I'm slowly building down my
package list anyway as a gentle way towards retirement.

Joost

--
Joost Yervante Damad - http://damad.be/joost/