Re: security support for lenny / upgrades from lenny to wheezy

On Sun, 03 Jul 2011 12:30:03 +0200, Jochen Schulz wrote:

> [Please Cc me, I am not subscribed.]
>
> Hi,
>
> I am forwarding a discussion from debian-user. I'd love to hear an
> official statement about this. AFAICS, this issue hasn't been
> explicitly addressed yet and at least one person from debian-user
> expects to be able to skip squeeze.

(...)

That one person must be "me".

Yes, I was the one who recently sent the announcement notice to d-u
mailing list (it seemed to me that nobody was aware of it...) and would
be nice to know what's the official possition on this matter.

As I didn't read any other notice about this, I expected the statatement
made on 2009 still applies. If no, an additional notice stating the new
plans would be more than desiderable so people can smoothly deploy their
install strategies.

I expected that Lenny (now "oldtstable") is still getting security
fixes until Wheezy is released, and once out, it gets dropped.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón