Re: [SRM] update for ia32-libs in upcoming point release

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:12:17PM +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> On Thursday 10 March 2011 14:08:10 Philipp Kern wrote:
> > What about the fetch-and-build change that was requested
> > pre-release and postponed to 6.(0.)1?
>
> Right. My interest in this is to keep the package's content up to date
> regularly in (old)stable and in principle not more than that, but since these
> changes have already been discussed here previously and packages for them are
> already available I'll include those changes now aswell.
>
> Attached are debdiffs for ia32-libs{,-gtk,-core}. For ia32-libs and -gtk I'm
> basing myself on Goswin's proposed package with an update for the changed
> packages since then on top. For -core I'm basically just sponsoring Goswins
> packages since there have been no updates for its contained packages since.
>
> Because there have been no unstable uploads yet I reckon that the version
> numbers used will work correctly.
>
> Please let me know if I can upload.

+ia32-libs-gtk (20110202) UNRELEASED; urgency=high
                          ^^^^^^^^^^
+ia32-libs (20110202) UNRELEASED; urgency=high
                      ^^^^^^^^^^

Not good in a changelog.  As they got never released, please collapse them
into one changelog entry instead.

It would be cool if those old versions files wouldn't be deleted, given that
they don't hurt.

ia32-libs and ia32-libs-gtk are ok.  I'll do a more thorough analysis when they
hit p-u-new.

For ia32-libs-core:  Excuse my ignorance, but is fetch-and-build then identical
to the others or does it contain other changes?

Kind regards
Philipp Kern