Re: Planning for final lenny point release (5.0.10)

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 11:05:34PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> Working on the four-monthly schedule for oldstable, the next lenny point
> release would be due in early February.
>
> As the security team have recently confirmed that security support for
> lenny will end on February 6th (a year after the release of squeeze) it
> makes sense to schedule 5.0.10 to be after that date and make it the
> final roll-up point release for lenny.
>
> >From the experience of etch's EOL point release, we'll need a little
> time to sort out any remaining build issues for security packages after
> the end of support.  The earliest we'd therefore be looking at would be
> the weekend of 11/12th February.
>
> Comments / thoughts / suggestions?

I can be available for the last two weekends of February and March looks pretty
much free, too.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager