Re: Uploading a new miniupnpc version to SID

On 11/26/2011 06:08 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Dear release team,
>
> I've uploaded a new version of miniupnpc to Experimental few days/weeks
> ago, with a new SONAME. No bug has been reported against it, and it
> seems to be in good shape.
>
> I'd like to upload it to SID now, but since there's some clients using
> libminiupnpc, it might require a transition.
>
> In the past, I failed doing a good transition with libdbi, I'd like to
> do it the correct way this time (I hope I have learn from my mistakes).
> Any pointers to the relevant documentation would be welcome so that I do
> it well this time.
>
> Let me know, cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

FYI, current reverse dependencies in SID for libminiupnpc5 are:
  Reverse Depends: bitcoind (0.4.0-1)
  Reverse Depends: libeiskaltdcpp2.2 (2.2.4-1)
  Reverse Depends: warzone2100 (2.3.8-1)

There's also transmission that would need it, but apt-rdepends, maybe
because only the Experimental version of transmission depends on it (I
didn't double check that, but it's the transmission maintainer who
pushed me to upload the latest miniupnpc).

Cheers,

Thomas