Re: whatsnewfm in squeeze-updates?

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 22:04 +1300, Francois Marier wrote:
> Last week, I sponsored an update of whatsnewfm which brought the package up
> to date with the new format of the freecode.com (formerly freshmeat.net)
> newsletter.
>
> As it is, the package doesn't work at all in squeeze so I was thinking that
> it might be a good candidate for squeeze-updates.

It sounds like it could be, yeah; thanks for the thought.

>From a quick look through the package, in terms of a stable update the
upstream changes basically look okay but the packaging changes on the
whole aren't really appropriate for stable (e.g the source format
change, the misc:Depends addition and the dh_installdocs change).

Please prepare a debdiff including the upstream changes and send it to
-release for a pre-upload ack.  The description changes in
debian/control could also be included if you wish.

> If so, should I upload to stable or is there a special upload target for
> -updates?

Every package released via -updates goes via proposed-updates first, so
the upload target should still be stable.

Regards,

Adam