Re: Upcoming perl 5.14 transition

On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 13:59 +0000, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> As per #637809, I plan to upload perl 5.14 to unstable soon (maybe today,
> depending on how some last bits of testing go). Like last time, this
> will mean that a large number (~ 470) of packages will need to be binNMUed
> by the release team. I'm sure they would appreciate uploads for these
> packages being avoided once the rebuilds start, so that the transition
> isn't interrupted, so I hope that this heads-up is useful. If this is
> likely to cause any serious problems for anyone, let me know ASAP.
> dd-list follows:
[...]

Please ask before scheduling a binNMU of linux-2.6.  It takes a
substantial time to rebuild on some architectures and would be a waste
of time if there was a maintainer upload planned around the same time.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Never attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by stupidity.