Re: Extended release goals info in YAML

Hi,

On Tue, 01 Nov 2011, Niels Thykier wrote:
> Inspired by #647258 I am proposing that YAMLize our current goals.txt[1]
> and extend it a bit.  I have attached a sample file of how the revised
> file would look, the "API" of the file and a little prototype python
> script that can extract the BTS information from this format.

Everything looks great except that I would use "url" instead of "wiki". You
don't really know if we'll keep using the wiki in the future... (I made
this kind of mistake with the PTS naming a tag "cvs" instead of "vcs"...).

> If there are already tools parsing the current goals.txt, then I suggest
> we (read: I) write a script to generate goals.txt from goals.yaml.  This
> should save us from manually having to keep the two files in sync.

Lucas, are you using http://release.debian.org/wheezy/goals.txt for
ddpo-by-mail?

Cheers,
--