Re: Bug#587315: 'multipath: unknown hardware handler type' with hardware_handler "1 hp-sw"
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, Thijs Kinkhorst <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Bug#587315: 'multipath: unknown hardware handler type' with hardware_handler "1 hp-sw"
- From: "Adam D. Barratt" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 19:38:09 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <4EAEB484.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <CAP0eoCwGYHWi5K1WYWQTseFp49ms+nfgVjJgq1+xTPjkzbr9Kw@mail.gmail.com> <CAP0eoCyLF0YtjwGDKAkwKUadtSBBf_8Ln8fvsCaTj_etCAdUnA@mail.gmail.com> <4EAE4A31.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4EAEB484.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 2011-10-31 at 20:15 +0530, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> On 10/31/2011 06:33 PM, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> > On Mon, October 31, 2011 08:11, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> >> > I would like to propose an update to the multipath-tools package for
> >> > Squeeze. This proposed upload fixes 2 issues:
> >> >
> >> > * [b5f7694] Change HP hardware hanlder to hp_sw.
> >> > Thanks to Phil (Closes: 587315)
> > I can advocate this change. We ran into this problem when connecting a
> > Squeeze machine to HP storage and this patch solved our problem. Having
> > the fix in stable would restore Squeeze compatibility with ranges of
> > HP-manufactured storage systems.
> Release Team,
> Please let me know with an ack. Only then I'll upload it to
Thanks for working on this. Whilst I appreciate your not uploading
already, I will note that the time between your original request and the
message above was only seven hours, which is possibly a little soon to
be expecting an answer, particularly on a weekday. :)
The hp_sw change looks fine. In terms of the documentation changes, is
there an ETA for getting them uploaded to unstable? Also:
++of this path. Higher number have a higher priority.
++regex can be of SCSI H:B:T:L format Ex: 1:0:.:. , *:0:0:.
++regex can be of device name format Ex: sda , sd.e
s/can be of/can be in/g