Re: ifupdown-extra upload to stable-proposed-updates

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 16:39 +0200, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 01:21:44PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Unfortunately, the version you uploaded appears to have included
> > .git, making the diff much larger and noiser than it should be.
>
> My wrong, sorry, I noticed right after I uploaded it. I've fixed that now.

Apologies for the long delay in getting back to you about this.

Unfortunately, after some more detailed review of the diff and some
testing, I'm afraid we've had to reject the upload, as it stands.

The issue is the move of the conffile simply using "mv".  This leads to
dpkg raising a conffile change prompt on upgrades even if the user has
not made any changes.  Note that this issue also affects the package in
unstable, so would need resolving there first.

The recommended way of handling this is to use
"dpkg-maintscript-helper", bearing in mind the notes on "integration in
packages" in that tool's manpage.

Apologies again for the delays.

Regards,

Adam