Re: [SRM] proposed stable update ca-certificates

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 11:37 +0200, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> There have been no furhter folluwups on the "ca-certificates version
> number reuse" thread for a while now. My conclusion is that we need to
> prepare an upload targeted at stable to ensure the change is also included
> in the point release, on cd's etc.
>
> I've attached my proposed change. Please review and let me know if I can
> upload.

I've been debating which of the possible solutions (p-u or security) is
sanest for an upload fixing this.  The main argument for going via
security (and potentially getting the old files removed from there) is
that it breaks setups where people mirror security and the main archive
in to a single repository and potentially end up regularly producing
errors due to the checksum mismatch between the repositories (we had
such an issue which unfortunately persisted to etch's EOL).

However, the package which was uploaded to the main archive has already
been superseded on the mirror network and the primary system which
merges security and ftp-master which I care about (snapshot.d.o) already
has both packages and updating via security won't fix that.

So, in conclusion, please go ahead.  Please generate the .changes using
"-v20090814+nmu2" so that it includes the entries from the security
upload.  (The content of the .changes is merged in
to /dists/stable/Changelog during point releases, and the +nmu3squeeze1
entry on its own really won't be very useful).

Regards,

Adam