Re: Migration hint for cgsi-gsoap and lfc?

fre 2011-09-16 klockan 11:34 +0100 skrev Adam D. Barratt:
> On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:33:03 +0200, Mattias Ellert wrote:
> > ellert@debian-wheezy:~$ grep-excuses lfc
> > lfc (1.8.0.1-1 to 1.8.1.2-1)
> >     Maintainer: Mattias Ellert
> >     11 days old (needed 10 days)
> >     Valid candidate
> > ellert@debian-wheezy:~grep-excuses cgsi-gsoap
> > cgsi-gsoap (1.3.4.0-1 to 1.3.4.2-1)
> >     Maintainer: Mattias Ellert
> >     12 days old (needed 10 days)
> >     Valid candidate
> >
> > but the migration doesn't seem to happen.
> >
> > The reason listed under "more excuses", i.e. that some packages would
> > become uninstallable, doesn't seem to make sense to me.
>
> It's perfectly correct.  liblcgdm1 (from lfc) and libcgsi-gsoap1 (from
> cgsi-gsoap) in testing both depend on libvomsapi0, whereas the versions
> in unstable both depend on libvomsapi1.  dpm-mysql-copyd (at least)
> depends on both liblcgdm1 and libcgsi-gsoap1 so migrating only one of
> them would result in it indirectly depending on libvomsapi0 and
> libvomsapi1.
>
> In itself that wouldn't be a problem, but for some reason those two
> libraries conflict.
>
> > Would it help to hint them together?
>
> Probably.  What would help more would be not having the library
> packages conflict.  The fact that libvomsapi1 both Conflicts and
> Replaces libvomsapi0 suggests that you're doing it wrong[tm].
>
> Specifically, the issue seems to be that the packages both contain
> things like "/usr/share/voms/vomses.template" and "/etc/vomses".  Those
> seem like things that really shouldn't be in a shared library package.
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam

libvomsapi0 is orphan - it is no longer built by any source package.
According the the documentation

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#removing-pkgs

such packages are supposed to be removed automatically, and filing a
removal request should not be necessary. I don't really understand why
it is still there in testing, I expected it to have been removed when
the new voms package migrated to testing.

On the other hand, I didn't expect that the voms package would migrate
before all packages that depended on libvomsapi0 had been rebuilt and no
longer had this dependency, and that then all these packages would then
migrate together. It seems there are details in how migration works that
I don't fully understand.

	Mattias