Re: Re: Please binNMU libglew1.5 using packages against libglew1.6

On Sunday 07 August 2011 18:30:32 Andreas Metzler wrote:
> On 2011-08-04 Clara Gnos <clara.gnos@googlemail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Some of them may also have to change their Build-Depends to
> > "libglew1.6 | libglew-dev". Currently libglew1.6-dev also provides
> > libglew1.5-dev to fix build problems.
>
> Hello,
> Did the API change incompatibly or is there another reason for
> changing the name of the -dev package?

It looks like the debian maintainer used the soversion in the dev package
name. Upstream never said that it became incompatible and I cannot find the
important change which would have changed the API.

Here the changelog diff:

+<ul>
+<li> New extensions:
+<ul>
+<li> GL_AMD_blend_minmax_factor
+<li> GL_AMD_sample_positions
+<li> GL_EXT_x11_sync_object
+<li> GL_NV_texture_multisample
+<li> GL_NV_video_capture
+<li> GLX_NV_video_capture
+<li> WGL_NV_DX_interop
+<li> WGL_NV_video_capture
+</ul>
+<li> Bug fixes:
+<ul>
+<li> Define GLEW_NO_GLU for no glu dependency.
+<li> mx suffix for GLEW MX libraries, build both libraries by default.
+<li> Cygwin build improvements
+<li> Soname of GLEWmx shared libraries
+<li> Query GL extension string only once
+<li> GLX_OML_sync_control no longer requires C99
+<li> glDraw*InstancedARB moved from GL_ARB_draw_instanced to
GL_ARB_instanced_arrays
+<li> glFramebufferTextureLayerEXT moved from GL_EXT_geometry_shader4 to
GL_EXT_texture_array
+<li> Fixes for BSD build
+</ul>
+</ul>