[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#633611: marked as done (unblock: shibboleth-sp2/2.4.2+dfsg-2 (armel problems))

Your message dated Tue, 19 Jul 2011 14:40:08 +0200
with message-id <20110719124008.GA11688@thrall.0x539.de>
and subject line Re: Bug#633611: unblock: shibboleth-sp2/2.4.2+dfsg-2 (armel problems)
has caused the Debian Bug report #633611,
regarding unblock: shibboleth-sp2/2.4.2+dfsg-2 (armel problems)
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@bugs.debian.org

633611: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=633611
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact owner@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian.org@packages.debian.org
Usertags: unblock

Hello folks,

I'm not quite sure what to do with this, and perhaps I should be filing
a bug against ftp.debian.org for an architecture removal, but I'll file
it here as a weird sort of unblock first to see if that's the right thing
to do.

The problem is that g++ bug #630752 means that shibboleth-sp2 cannot
build on armel (the bug is present even when built with no optimization),
which is now blocking migration of xml-security-c (along with xmltooling,
opensaml2, and shibboleth-sp2), which has a security fix.

I don't know what the options are here.  Is there a way to force the
migration and temporarily pull shibboleth-sp2 from testing for armel?
I don't really want to remove the binaries from unstable as well, since
the package really *should* build for armel and will again as soon as
this bug is fixed, but maybe that's the right short-term fix?

-- System Information:
Debian Release: wheezy/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.39-2-686-pae (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 03:06:01PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Philipp Kern <pkern@debian.org> writes:
> > In the meantime I signed the missing powerpc build.  As soon as we get
> > xml-security-c accepted into proposed-updates we can copy it over to
> > testing, as it would be higher otherwise.  That should solve the
> > security issue too, no?
> Oh, yes.  That's probably an even better solution.  Thank you!

Done now.  Sorry for the delay.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Stable Release Manager
`. `'   xmpp:phil@0x539.de                         Wanna-Build Admin
  `-    finger pkern/key@db.debian.org

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

--- End Message ---

Reply to: