[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#628536: Heads up: update for e2fsprogs intended for stable-proposed-updates

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 12:36:01AM +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> We cannot use the unstable version verbatim for technical reasons.  So I'd like
> to ask you to add a changelog entry with "Upload to proposed-updates." and a
> version like 1.41.12-4+squeeze1.  It needs to be built in a stable chroot
> and you'd need to specify the stable version with "-v1.41.12-2" to debuild/
> dpkg-buildpackage so that the right changelog entries are included in the
> .changes.  I.e. please go ahead.

What I uploaded into unstable *was* built with a stable chroot, but
sure, I can re-upload it with the appropriate version number and
changelog entry.

I assume it should be dupload'ed to the proposed-updates queue,

> The deadline for the next point release is this weekend, though.  I
> apologize for the delay in responding; we're tying up the lose ends
> for the point release currently and this was one of them, which was
> lingering around because we generally don't like touching core stuff
> with extensive changes.

Understood.  OK, I'm flying back from Portland (Usenix ATC) to Boston
tomorrow morning, so I'll prepare the packages while I'm in the air.
I may not have a chance to upload them until late Saturday night or
Sunday mid-day, although I will try to do it sooner if I can.  (I just
want to make some allowances for Murphy's law while I'm in transit...)
I hope that will be enough time?


					- Ted

Reply to: