Re: Would you cosider accepting this update to address bug 615227 in squeeze?

Hi,

On 06/09/2011 10:40 PM, Julien Cristau wrote:
A few things:
- the fix should probably get a bit more exposure in unstable before we
accept it in stable

Testing and unstable already have a more recent version now, but the fixed package has been running here for a few months now without any problems.

- changing the source package format in a stable update is a no-no

Would it have more change of being included in a stable point release if the original packaging is
kept and the patch applied to the tar?

Yes.

I've changed the packaging so the patch is applied to the tar. You can find my packaging attempt at

	https://homes.esat.kuleuven.be/~rtheys/gnutls

I'm not a DD so I can not upload a fixed package. Jack (or someone else), if the stable release team agrees, can you make an upload?

Is there something else I can/should do regarding this bug?

Regards,

Rik