Re: Insighttoolkit transition weirdness

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 09:52:06AM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> On 05/03/2011 02:51 AM, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> >
> > The testing migration excuses [1] claims insighttoolkit is out of
> > date on kfreebsd-amd64 and mipsel.  In fact, however, both arches
> > are installed in the pool [2].
> >
> > Can someone help this package to transition, please?
> >

> That's normal. Note that the message mentions the library package (namely
> libinsighttoolkit3.18). It got decrufted on other architectures because
> there were no packages using it anymore. But, on kfreebsd-amd64 and mipsel,
> it seems to still have some reverse dependencies [1].

How did you generate your list?  When I run "apt-cache rdepends
libinsighttoolkit3.18", I get a much smaller list:

libinsighttoolkit3.18
Reverse Depends:
  tcl8.5-insighttoolkit3
  python-insighttoolkit3
  libinsighttoolkit3-jni
  libinsighttoolkit3-dev
  ants

The first four are not a problem since they are part of insighttoolkit
itself.  The package ants is one that you listed.  However, I don't
see why it would be a problem only on kfreebsd-amd64 and mipsel.  It
hasn't been updated in months for any architecture according to

  https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ants