Perl transition announcement

It's been pointed out that we haven't had a d-d-a mail about the
transition like we have before[0]. Would it be possible for the release
time to send a short note about the fact that we're in a transition
period now, just to stem any further confusion about the large
number of uninstallable packages?

I could probably draft something to send from the perl team instead
if you prefer, although that won't be until tomorrow evening.

Many thanks for your efforts so far! I understand that this is
probably one of the more awkward transitions and I very much appreciate
all your efforts to help it go smoothly.

Cheers,
Dominic.

[0] <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/04/msg00017.html>
    <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/05/msg00002.html>