Re: Add support for XMLRPC v30 in Pianobar

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 13:11 -0400, Luke Faraone wrote:
> On 04/29/2011 11:57 AM, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 22:58 -0400, Luke Faraone wrote:
> >> Pandora changed their API yesterday, and I'd like to upload a patched
> >> version of pianobar which supports this new version.
> >>
> >> No new functionality was introduced (and no APIs used by pianobar were
> >> modified), only API keys needed to be updated. A patch is attached which
> >> includes all changes which would need to be made.
> >
> > Do we have an (even vague) idea how often this is likely to happen
> > during Squeeze's stable lifetime?
>
> Not really. The last such changes were in October and November; nothing
> has happened since then.

Hmmm, okay.

> This would probably be appropriate for the stable-updates suite.

Potentially, but it needs to be in proposed-updates first. :-)  Please
go ahead with the upload, although a version of "2010.11.06-1+squeeze1"
would be preferable.  (and fwiw the "urgency" in a stable upload is
largely irrelevant to the extent that it doesn't affect the package's
migration in any way).

Regards,

Adam