Hi,

sorry that I'm late to this party and that this mail is mostly an AOL...

On Mittwoch, 30. März 2011, Luk Claes wrote:
> # package quality
>   Advocate: Holger Levsen and Luk Claes
>   State: confirmed
>   Wiki: http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/PackagesQuality
>
> This is a never ending goal of sustaining our packages quality by
> improving our tests and following up closely... so needless to say that
> I would still advocate this one.

Me too.

The biggest obstacle in releasing with http://piuparts.debian.org/wheezy/
showing zero failures are:

- me/someone not reporting the bugs detected there
- the maintainers not fixing those filed / presented to them in the PTS
- #595652 [debian-policy] db packages failing to install...

29445 successful and 72 failed logs plus 526 packages not being tested (which
is what we have today) is a reasonable state IMO.

Do you think a piuparts / policy workshop (or something) is useful at
DebConf11?

cheers,
	Holger