Re: Updating debian/control at build time

Re: Julien Cristau 2011-04-26 <[🔎] 20110426134403.GZ2790@radis.liafa.jussieu.fr>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 13:51:53 +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
>
> > The alternative would be to make the control update a manual step.
> >
> That sounds much better to me.  You'd need to have an appropriate
> versioned build-dep on postgresql-server-dev-all anyway, AIUI, which has
> to be a manual step...

Sorry, forgot to mention that here: postgresql-server-dev-all should
depend on all -version packages too for this to make sense. (I don't
see the need for a bumped versioned dependency on
postgresql-server-dev-all itself - we don't do that for other binnmus
either and just "hope" the buildds have the most recent version of the
lib in question.)

Re "much better" - how cool or evil is the idea?

Thinking about it, we could actually put all versions supported into
debian/control, and just not build the binaries. That wouldn't help
Dimitri's case of build-for-everything (unless we put in 7 versions),
but if it makes Debian happy, be it so. I'd still prefer an more or
less official answer to the original question :)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/