Re: Ispell transition

Mehdi Dogguy writes:

Hi,

> ispell 3.3.02-4, currently staying in sid, Breaks several packages
> providing an ispell-dictionary. While I'm sure you have good reasons to
> do so, I do wonder if you already talked to other maintainers so that
> they start updating their packages.

Yes, I informed them about new ispell both after uploading it to
experimental [1], and then to unstable [2]. As you can see some
dictionaries has already been rebuilt against new ispell.

> A quick investigation gives us the list below (list of packages that
> need to be updated). Did you try to contact those maintainers, explain
> the plan and ask them to update their package? ... and file bugreports?

I've just reported RC bugs #623069 to #623075 and upgraded severity of
#620182 and #620246.

> As long as this list of packages is not reduced to zero, ispell won't be
> able to migrate to testing.

Thanks for providing the list of not yet migrated packages. I was about
to do this myself few days ago, but was too busy with other stuff.

Regards,
robert

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa-packages/2011/03/msg00064.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-qa-packages/2011/03/msg00263.html